Dental Exams by Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh believes in 'Whole health' dentistry and her exams are very detailed. A thorough evaluation of our patient's oral and general medical conditions is done and the patient's overall health is looked at while diagnosing and planning treatment. We use state of the art intraoral cameras with filters that can detect cavities and gum disease, tooth fractures, among other conditions which can also be shown to the patient. This allows our patients to make educated informed decisions regarding their oral health. During the exam, Dr. Singh will:
- Check for any problems that you may not see or feel.
- Look for cavities or any other signs of tooth decay.
- Check for Tooth fracture or tooth wear
- Examine the temperomandibular joint(TMJ)
- Find out if you need appliances for grinding, clenching, snoring, or TMJ and Sleep disorders
- Check if you have a healthy occlusion(bite) and alignment of teeth.
- Inspect your teeth and gums for gingivitis and signs of periodontal disease.
- Perform an oral cancer screening
Your exam will take about 45 minutes, after which Dr. SIngh will discuss her reccommendations and sequence of treatment.
Once the Doctor has made a diagnosis of your teeth and gum condition, cleanings are either done by our hygeinist on the same day or scheduled at a later date depending on the type of cleaning and the amount of time needed for the appointment.